Dear Adams Patterson patients and families,
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing many changes thoughout our community. Each of us must do our part to decrease the spread of the virus. Adams Patterson is doing everything we can to protect our comminity and also continue to provide adequate care for our patients. Please help us by adhering to the temporary changes outlined below.
- For your own safety and the safety of out staff, we request that all patients have a face covering securely in place prior to entering our office.
- We ask that patients who have any of the following symptoms call the office for instructions and DO NOT COME TO THE OFFICE: Fever of 100.4 F or greater, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or diffuculty breathing.
- If you have been in close contact with someone under investigation for or diagnosed with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please call to reschedule your appointment for at least fourteen days after your last contact with them.
- We are not able to allow visitors at this time. We ask that all patients attend visits alone unless you are a minor with one parent/guardian present or require a translator. Please arrange for family, support persons, and children to stay at home. You are welcome to facetime or call out during your visit so they can remain involved.
- Annual Well Women's visits are currently being scheduled for after May 1st.
- We continue to see patients with gynecological problems and our obstetrical patients.
- Insurance and financial issues will be handled over the phone.
- No unnecessary persons will be allowed in the office including sales/detail representatives.
- We are offering Telemedicine Visits at this time. Please click link for more information.
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful patients and staff. Thank you for being patient and respecting these changes. Please contact us with questions or concerns.
T. Franklin King, MD Judith J. Williams, MD Sharon A. Butcher, MD
M. Leigh Keegan, MD Leah C. Tonkin, MD Jessica M. Ruffin, MD
Regina G. Healy, MD B. Todd Chappell, MD Leslie T. Hayden, MD
Gregory J. Burana, MD Elizabeth D. Heitman, APN
T. Franklin King, MD M. Leigh Keegan, MD Regina Healy, MD Judith Williams, MD Leah Tonkin, MD
Todd Chappell, MD Sharon Butcher, MD Jessica Ruffin, MD Leslie Hayden, MD Gregory Burana, MD
Darby Heitman, APN
Adams Patterson Telehealth
In order to keep our patients and staff as safe and healthy as possible during the current Cornovirus health situation, we will be offering Telehealth visits for certain types of pre-approved appointments.
While virtual visits are not appropriate for all conditions, we are often able to provide telephone or video call care for these common complaints:
- Urinary tract infections
- Some types of vaginal infections
- Birth control counseling and prescribing
- Menopausal issues
- Medication follow ups
- Discussions regarding test results
- Constipation, diarrhea or vomiting
- Follow up visits for chronic gynecology visit issues
- Some types of minor obstetrical complaints
- Anxiety/ Depression medication management
Please keep in mind that since a physical exam, laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging cannot be performed via video conference, we cannot schedule Telehealth visits for conditions which require these types of evaluations. Our office is open and will still be scheduling these types of visits in the office.
Most of our major insurers are covering Telehealth visits at this time. You will be billed through your insurer and any applicable co-pay will be collected online prior to your Telehealth visit. If your insurer does not cover Telehealth, you will be asked to provide online payment at the time of your Telehealth visit. The Telehealth visit fees range from $50-$150.
It is possible that after video-conferencing, you may be asked to come in for an in-office visit if it becomes obvious that we need to perform a physical exam or any testing that reaches beyond the abilities of video conferencing. If this is necessary you will not be charged for the Telehealth visit.
We are providing video conferencing through doxy.me, a video conferencing platform that is HIPAA secure. All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored on the platform.
Appointments for telehealth visits can be made by calling 901-767-3810.
No need to download software or create an account. Just use your smartphone (easiest) or computer or tablet with a camera and microphone. Supported browsers are Chrome, Safari and Firefox only.
To connect with your doctor, you will be sent a personal link via text during a prespecified time period (i.e. Thursday, 10:00-10:45 am). Promptly click the link and sign in to your video call using your first and last name. Be sure to enable your camera and microphone when prompted.
Current data suggests that pregnant women do not appear to be at increased risk of severe disease from the COVID-19 virus compared to nonpregnant women of similar age. Data is very limited regarding possible transmission to the fetus.
Based on this information, current recommendations do not propose creating additional restrictions on pregnant health care personnel or other workers because of COVID-19 alone. Pregnant health care personnel should follow the usual CDC recommended precautions for risk assessment and infection control guidelines for health care personnel working with patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. Adherence to recommended infection prevention and control practices is an important part of protecting all health care personnel in health care settings.
However, as information on COVID-19 in pregnancy is very limited and emerging data may change our understanding of risks around pregnancy, facilities may want to consider limiting exposure of pregnant health care personnel to patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection, especially during higher-risk procedures (eg, aerosol-generating procedures), if feasible, based on staffing availability.
Click the link for additional information---Cervical_Cancer
Voted by Health & Fitness "Readers Choice Award" for 2017 as one of the Best OBGYN docs in Memphis!! Everyone @ Adams Patterson sends Congrats to all of the readers who voted for Todd Chappell!!